Creating a box is a great pastime for young and old alike. It is an art in itself, and crafts makers are trying to innovate how a box looks like. A candy-shaped box is an example of this innovation in box making, and the project would be a nice activity for those who are inclined to doing crafts.
After finishing the project, the box could serve as candy boxes, with treats being placed inside to be used by children of all ages. Making a candy-shaped box is easy, and all you have to do is to prepare the materials that will be used in the project and follow the instructions carefully. The candy-shaped box would need colored papers, scissors, cutter, tape, glue, ribbons, and confetti. Follow the procedure below to create a vibrant looking candy-shaped box:
- Take the colored papers and using a cutter or a scissor, try to create patterns and designs on its surface. Cut the designs and puncture holes that would serve as an additional design for the project.
- Carefully cut the edges of the colored paper, and make sure that the other one would have a planar edge and the other one would have a spikier edge. It would help to make the candy-shaped box easier to open and close.
- Fold the colored papers into four equal parts, and make sure that small space would be left out. This is where the tape or the glue will be applied, to ensure that the candy-shaped box will be steady and it will not rip apart.
- Apply a strong tape or clue to the edges of the candy-shaped box. Make sure that no space will be left behind because it might result in the project breaking apart.
- Create a beautifully designed motif that will be placed in the center of the candy-shaped box. Use a white paper with printed designs, or any other colored paper that would enhance the color of the project’s body. Try to use the color wheel to gain an insight as to what color complements the other.
- Get some ribbons and wrap it around the candy-shaped box. Make a good looking knot that would enable the edges of the candy-shaped box to close tight.
- Put the gifts or any other items on the other edge of the candy-shaped box. You can also add confetti or any other design inside the candy-shaped box.
- Seal off the project by putting another ribbon on the opposite edge.
After the project has been finished, what you will be is an adorable candy-shaped box. These boxes can be used as a container for a gift, or as a design at home. This type of boxes can also be given away on all occasions, and kids would surely love its design.
Artists and people who tend to stay at home should spend time learning new hobbies, and creating boxes are one of the best things to do to express your creativity. There are also a lot of websites available online that would give a free tutorial to those who wanted to learn more artworks. Box making has been around for so long, and now that technology has become better, boxes with complex designs are now possible to build. However, someone who is making boxes should keep in mind to keep extreme patience.